Taylor Wimpey is one of the largest residential developers in the UK and we are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability. We are currently looking for a skilled and experienced Project Manager to lead the delivery of key residential developments across the South Midlands territory.
You will be able to drive a continuous improvement, challenging the status quo and proactively identify operational enhancements.
- Preparing and updating the consortium infrastructure programme
- Chairing and preparing action minutes from monthly consortium meetings
- Chairing and preparing action minutes from infrastructure groundworks progress meetings
- Attending and updating project Consultant Team meetings
- Monitoring project costs
- Assist the Technical Director and Senior Technical Manager in producing a long-term plan for the delivery of large schemes
- Undertake design reviews to ensure designs are “best value” solutions
- Ensure that constraints such as ecology, archaeology and footpath diversions are addressed in infrastructure programme and relevant works are undertaken
- Facilitating the designs and cost estimates for new services as well as existing service diversions
- Liaison with statutory authorities to ensure progress on off-site improvements and requisition is completed to programme
- Negotiate with relevant agencies including Highway Authority and Highways Agency in respect of off-site infrastructure provision
- Obtain necessary Health and safety documentation and approvals for any contractor appointed to infrastructure works in accordance with the TW HSE CDM Procedures and TW HSE Manual.
- Liaison with QS to ensure costs are understood and monitored
- Oversee the groundworks, utility contractors, landscaper and other contractors working on infrastructure as client representative
- Monitor health and safety performance of infrastructure contractors initiating remedial action where needed
- Ensure site presentation of infrastructure is to the highest standard to give the best impression of the overall development
- Ensure compliance by all developers of the Code of Construction Conduct and Consortium agreement
- Initiating relevant inspections to ensure that progress of adoption of works is managed in line with development programme
- Ensuring that appropriate as-built records are kept
- Monitor contractors performance to ensure compliance with agreed safe systems of work and the HSE manual.
- Liaison with QS to control cost and WIP spend
- Proven experience working in a project management role, ideally with an industry recognised project specific qualification like Prince 2, APMP or PMP
- Planned & Organised professional with Focus on Solutions and collaboration
- Experience in construction or housebuilding is not essential but applicants must have an appreciation of the sector and a clear understanding of some of the industry specific challenges
- Persistent, able to push back and challenge Directors
- Able to manage people, processes and time. Significant experience of managing others. Experience of managing others in a matrix environment is advantageous
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manger if applying for this role.
You can no longer apply for this vacancy.