Project Quantity Surveyor
Our regional commercial teams are integral to the successful delivery of every Taylor Wimpey site. The function serves as the linchpin between our Technical and Production functions and makes the reality of a Taylor Wimpey development come to life.
- Assist in the commercial function and reporting on a major development within the region including site budgets, payments, benchmarking, WIP, cash flows and valuations.
- Monitor and report build costs periodically reporting any savings and excesses.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of contractor performance.
- Management of external consultants involved in the commercial function.
- Collaboratively work with other TW internal departments.
- Assist in the preparation of Land Purchase Exercises.
- Assist in the Commercial Function of Closed Sites.
- Previous experience in a similar role within residential housebuilding
- A strong knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations and health and safety requirements within the industry
- Experience managing both internal and external clients in a commercial environment and an ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Industry related qualification
- Strong knowledge and experience of relevant IT systems and experience with MS Office
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal Candidates - Please advise your Line Manager if you are applying for this role.