An excellent opportunity has arisen for a motivated and customer focused Quantity Surveyor to join our growing Commercial Team within Taylor Wimpey.
We are currently looking for a candidate who works collaboratively, is solution focused and is able to to build a network of strong relationships with key contacts within the business.
Working closely with the Commercial Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the full commercial management of a number of housing projects from conception to completion. You will also, provide information, where necessary, for the land purchase exercise that will enable clear materials and labour costs to be considered at that stage. Monitor and report build costs periodically reporting any savings and excesses.
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site Project Team at the appropriate time.
- Detail a labour cost schedule including anticipated target hours.
- Maintain schedules of quantities and price them individually for prime cost budget.
- Once land opportunities are identified, familiarise the geographical area and consider site issues.
- Prepare estimates of all prime costs inc. subcontract and materials.
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis for the Director.
- Monitor and explain all cost movements.
- Responsible for procurement of subcontractors, including payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts.
- Undertake valuations of production at budgeted cost on a monthly basis and split the cost of profit completions and potential future profit to estimate a value for work in progress.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director.
- Forecast final accounts.
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies.
- Attend pre start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company’s Operating framework.
- Input and maintain any computer based databases or systems.
- Previous experience in the discipline within the housebuilding industry.
- Reasonable knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements.
- Industry related business qualification.
- Preferably member of CIOB or RICS.
- Business acumen
- Negotiation skills
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal Applicants – Please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.
You can no longer apply for this vacancy.