Regional HSE Advisor
The new Regional HSE Advisor will contribute to the delivery of an effective Health, Safety and Environmental support function to designated Taylor Wimpey operating companies and to assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the company’s HSE management system.
- Support the implementation of HSE policy, procedures, best practice and disciplines throughout the operating companies and maintain an ethos of continuous improvement in HSE.
- Adopt responsibility for a regional area with associated operating companies and satellite offices.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to the management and site teams as well as the Site HSE Advisors to enable the effective implementation of the TWUK HSE management system.
- Liaison with Site HSE Advisors with regards to site inspections and associated support to operating sites. Ensure that they receive the necessary support, guidance and encouragement to ensure success.
- Scrutinise Site HSE Advisors inspection reports, monitor effectiveness and consistency and identify areas requiring further improvement or intervention.
- Follow up any significant issues or site problems identified by the site inspectors. Respond to site / management teams in need of support and advice in dealing with HSE issues / incidents.
- Attend HSE Team Meetings and operating company Management Team HSE Review meetings
- Carry out regular site HSE inspections in conjunction with Site HSE Advisors to monitor and ensure consistency and compliance with established HSE standards and disciplines.
- Carry out regional HSE audits to measure implementation of HSE procedures and disciplines and ensure consistency and the cross-fertilisation of best practice.
- Assist the operating company’s close-out of category ‘A’ reports.
- Review operating company’s close-out of category ‘B’ reports. Provide necessary assistance/support.
- Undertake accident/incident investigation and liaison with HSE, EA, etc. as necessary. Involve the Director of HSE where the accident/incident is of a more serious nature.
- Provide support to the operating company’s Principal Designer with regards to the implementation of the CDM Regulations.
- Carry out internal HSE training as required and where appropriate facilitate the HSE training carried out by external organisations.
- Support the commercial departments with the vetting of ‘high-risk’ contractors and with the preparation of appointed Principle Contractors or ‘high-risk’ contractors for site start.
- Promote knowledge sharing and learning within the HSE function to develop and improve effectiveness.
- Gather statistical information relating to regional performance and present necessary reports as required.
- Represent and promote Taylor Wimpey’s HSE activity and performance with external organisations and governmental bodies, such as HSE, EA, etc.
- Assist the TWUK HSE Director with ad-hoc projects/tasks as required.
- Assist the HSE Director in ensuring the whole team; inc Site HSE Advisors achieve the necessary standards and consistency of support to all Taylor Wimpey operating companies
- Experience of major house-building operations.
- Broad understanding of HSE processes and practical implementation within the house building industry.
- Fully conversant with HSE legislation / regulations which impact on the Taylor Wimpey business operations
- Must have appropriate health and safety qualification and have, or be working towards, membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
- IT literate (Report writing / Statistics).
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal Applicants – Please inform your Line Manager if you wish to apply for this role