Sales and Marketing Director
An exciting opportunity to join the Home Builder of choice. Working with the communities where we build and for the customers who aspire to purchase our homes.
We require an experienced Sales and Marketing Director who can motivate a dedicated sales management team, be able to manage the creation of our interior designs and who can mentor and motivate our people to deliver an excellent journey for our customers at each touch point they will experience.
You will have full responsibility for the Sales and Marketing function from land appraisal, marketing research, setting prices and the management of all reservations through to customers moving into their new homes. Maximising selling prices and creating value is a key objective whilst maintaining the challenging sales rate you will set all of your team.
You will be the “keeper” of our brand and will ensure that the Sales and Marketing department operates in accordance within the Taylor Wimpey UK operating framework.
In conjunction with your fellow Board members you will help to determine and form a strategy for the future ongoing development of the business.
- A senior member of the BU management team who will influence and challenge the strategic direction of the Business
- Responsibility for all market research prior to land acquisition
- Provide the timely production of the relevant market and local competitor analysis for all land purchase exercises, including the market overview summary
- Work to and influence the earliest opening of our development outlets, on time and to budget
- Manage and take responsibility for all business branding, advertising including updating the website
- Agree the target customer profile then brief the production of show home interior design, in conjunction with the Sales Manager, innovating where required to establish company best practice and benchmark guidelines
- To create a Sales and Marketing department that has a positive customer centric culture, developing skills and attitude to deliver outstanding customer service to purchasers at each stage of their experience
- Ensure that all sales areas fully comply with Health & Safety procedures
- Be an integral part of the management board to prepare annual budget projections for reservations and legal completions in line with the business unit timetable
- Establish and manage, on a development basis, a direct selling expense overhead budget for the year including monthly reviews of the DSE spend / performance
- Ensure that Field Sales Manager and Sales Executives are motivated to achieve their reservation and completion budgets
- Actively consider the training and development of sales staff to continually improve performance
- A new homes marketing professional
- Managing and motivating teams of sales staff
- Proven sales and marketing experience in the house building industry
- Budgetary management
- Planning and strategic management
- Board level disciplined Director
- Strategic Thinker
- A Pivotal Decision Maker
- Leadership Skills
- Budget Control
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.