Senior Business Systems Project Manager
Project manage the implementation of large or complex new applications and systems and/or upgrades and releases to existing applications
- Responsible for the delivery of large, complex projects or programmes, and new solutions, across the whole development lifecycle and across all types of system including:requirements; solution options; business case; configuration (or development); testing and implementation/rollout; adoption / benefits realisation; and delivery to quality (and scope, budget and business deadlines / timeframes.
- Ensure that stakeholders are properly managed and communicated and that the impact of the change is managed on both the existing systems portfolio and business users.
- Proactive approach to resolving issues, risks and actions.
- Lead and manage multidisciplinary teams in the delivery of solutions.
- Work with the Business Systems Managers to manage, motivate and develop the business systems team and ensure the best allocation of resources against workload.
- Willingness to execute individual tasks within projects where necessary including: collection of requirements, creation of functional and non-functional specifications, creation of RFP’s and tenders, analysis of tender responses, creation of business cases, input into design, management of third party vendor tasks, testing, management of testing, data migration and implementation activities.
- Establish contracts and SLA’s with external vendors, including negotiation of adequate commercial terms for both initial implementation and ongoing operation.
- Ensure that all deliveries comply with best practise, company policies and robust IT controls and practises (risk and issue management, security, testing (by vendors and users), change management, resilience, recovery and all associated documentation.
- Proven track record of successful delivery in a large complex environment with demanding customers
- Extensive project and programme management experience on complex projects and programmes including:
- management of large projects/programmes with values in excess of £5m
- programme management as well as running multiple discrete projects simultaneously
- business case development
- ovendor selection and associated activities (RFP, contract negotiation)
- managing delivery from multiple third party companies on a project
- leadership of complex teams
- senior (board level) stakeholder management and
- minimum 7 years experience in project and programme management.
- High aptitude for understanding and learning including business requirements and processes as well as technology and software packages.
- Ability and confidence to sensibly challenge the status quo Relevant degree or related IT qualification in project management or systems development is desirable
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of the housebuilding industry and of the commercial function generally
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.