The successful candidate will be responsible to negotiate and procure all materials and plant to ensure that the business’ unit output programme is carried out professionally and within budget. You will also ensure adequate resources on site to build the product in accordance with the planned programme. Monitor and evaluate supplier performance and take any appropriate action.
- Liaise with the Sales and Design and Planning Departments with regard to specification on a site-by-site basis, advise on cost and availability of materials and products and produce specifications.
- Liaise with Production Management in respect of the programming and delivery of material supplies.
- Develops Procurement strategy for approval by Commercial Director/Manager. To include sourcing, people, technology and process.
Scheduling and quantifying materials
- Review material schedules produced by the Taylor Wimpey Logistics drawings and liaise with site management on any later amendments and revisions.
- Negotiate and place orders for materials/suppliers on a competitive tender basis.
- Negotiate and place orders for hiring any plant e.g. forklifts, dumpers etc. and maintain a plant register where appropriate.
- Work with all suppliers to negotiate best deals where appropriate and work with other departments to improve cost effectiveness.
Supplier Management (and subcontractors where applicable)
- Evaluate supply markets and suppliers on a regional and national basis.
- Implement supplier performance measurement systems.
- Ensure terms of supplier agreements are fully met in respect of delivery, quality and price.
- Oversee site stock on a regular basis.
- Monitor material quality and the performance of suppliers and subcontractors in conjunction with site based staff.
- Provide feedback to suppliers and subcontractors outlining where an unacceptable standard of materials or performance has been identified.
- Management and communications of National Agreements to the Business Unit to include collection of rebate claims.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best possible commercial outcome.
- Negotiate contracts to minimise risks to the Business.
- Manage invoice and rebate procedures to maximise cash flow opportunities.
- Contribute to the Budget process with up to date pricing and forecast information.
- Record price variations and savings monthly to QS, Commercial Manager/Commercial Director.
- Train and Develop any Direct Reports.
- Develop succession plans as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of continuing product development in light of changes in legislation i.e. building regulations etc.
- Attend pre start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company’s Operating Framework & Commercial Manual.
- Undertake regular site visits to support the production team and monitor material quality.
- Application of Best Practice Procurement Tools and Techniques.
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety Requirements.
- Wide experience in the procurement and purchase of materials and plant.
- Working knowledge of contract law.
- Competent in IT e.g. database systems, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.