Senior Finance Analyst
Exciting new opportunity for a commercial Senior Finance Analyst to join the team. The role will report directly into the Finance Director as well as business partnering other members of the senior leadership team.
- Ensuring the accounting records correctly reflect the business performance, with variances to latest budgets and forecasts fully understood.
- Ensure key data in COINS and all reporting systems is valid and accurately completed
- Review the monthly results to ensure reported results are accurate
- Ensure trends in financial data and non-financial KPI’s are understood and explained.
- Support development of existing reporting tools for measuring financial performance
- Detailed analysis and recommendations for driving business decisions and financial performance
- Finance lead in build/sales and P&L meetings, including providing commercial challenge and support
- Support with ad hoc reports
- Preparation of the monthly forecasts and budgets
- Prepare supporting schedules for forecasts and budgets
- Full understanding of actual results variances to budgets and forecasts and clearly be able to explain these and options to drive better business performance
- Qualified Accountant or MBA with 4-5 years post qualifying experience in business performance areas
- Experience of forecasting, modelling and analysis in support of key business decisions
- Knowledge of COINS an advantage
- Team player who builds effective working relationships, and assumes high level of accountability.
- Enthusiastic approach to driving innovation and change
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) specifically the ability to convey complex information in a clear and easily understood way
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly motivated self-starter
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manger if applying for this role.