Senior Finance Clerk (Maternity cover up to 12 months)
To ensure effective, efficient and accurate processing of financial transactions in line with the Finance Manual and Operating Framework.
Maternity Cover role.
- Analysis of financial transactions as required by teams across the business
- Input and pay Purchase Ledger Invoices
- Maintain and review the Invoice Register
- Reconciliation of Supplier Statements
- Keep the ledger up to date with Suppliers details
- Process cheque runs
- Subcontractor payment runs, cover as necessary
- Analysis of timing/permanent differences for cost centres
- Sales Ledger analysis and processing
- Daily review & preparation of the cash book, bank postings & bank recs
- Review of Purchase invoices and Expenses claims as necessary
- Preparation & oversight of sales commissions, cover as necessary
- Oversight and authorisation of House Sales Completion statements
- Highly numerate, motivated individual who is able to work in a team and use their initiative, providing solutions to their manager on identified problems.
- Willing to roll-up their sleeves and get involved with all aspects of finance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in well organised accounts function preferable.
- Knowledge of COINS accounting system
- Working in a time critical environment
- Excel skills
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Please advise your Line Manager if you are applying for this role.
You can no longer apply for this vacancy.