Senior Land Manager
An exciting senior positon on the land team at Taylor Wimpey.
Undertake land purchase exercise
- Prepare appropriate briefs for architects for the preparation of feasibility schemes
- Collate build costs, market research, local planning policy summary
- Liaise with the internal team to produce an initial land value appraisal
- Build relationships and liaise with RPs and/or HA consultants to obtain offers for affordable housing disposals
- Successfully negotiate terms for land acquisition
- Build and maintain relationships with internal staff to enable the sharing of information to ensure land purchase exercise information is provided accurately and on time
- Prepare and obtain the necessary approvals to execute documentation
- Consider health and safety issues for any potential new sites
Provide and monitor land market activity on a continuing basis and react to opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with local contacts to ensure up-to-date knowledge on current and future market opportunities
- Monitor competitor activity
- Good knowledge of the geographical area and the main players within it
- Record and retain any land information received from external providers for future reference
- Manage and maintain the land register/portfolio for previous completed sites
Support Technical Department, ensuring commercially viable layouts, advise on planning policy
- The commissioning, co-ordination and checking of various consultant designs and reports
- Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions
- Must be able to communicate well at all levels
- Have a working knowledge of the planning system
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure the successful delivery of applications and decisions
Previous successful experience in land acquisition process in housebuilding industry
Knowledge of planning policy and process
Commitment to a progressive career
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – Please ensure you inform your Line Manager before applying