You will manage current assets through to delivery ensuring good practice and process, undertake land purchase exercises on new land opportunities, establish the technical constraints and solutions to enable a new opportunity to be successfully developed, negotiate contracts ready for agreement and completion by Land Director. Also, provide and monitor land market activity on a continuing basis and react to opportunities
- Prepare appropriate briefs for architects for the preparation of feasibility schemes,
- Collate build costs, market research, local planning policy summary, any technical information to produce a clear assessment of the potential success of a development,
- Liaise with the internal team to produce an initial land value appraisal
- Build relationships and liaise with RPs and/or HA consultants to obtain offers for affordable housing disposals
- Successfully negotiate terms for land acquisition
- Build and maintain relationships with internal staff to enable the sharing of information to ensure land purchase exercise information is provided accurately and on time
- Prepare and obtain the necessary approvals to execute documentation
- Consider health and safety issues for any potential new sites
- Attend relevant meetings as required under the Company’s procedures
- Build and maintain relationships with local contacts to ensure up-to-date knowledge on current and future market opportunities
- Monitor competitor activity, as well identifying new opportunities to work with competitors
- Good knowledge of the geographical area and the main players within it
- Record and retain any land information received from external providers for future reference
- Manage and maintain the land register/portfolio for previous completed sites for any further value or commercial opportunities
- The commissioning, co-ordination and checking of various consultant designs and reports
- Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions
- Must be able to communicate well at all levels
- Have a working knowledge of the planning system
- Previous successful experience in land acquisition process in housebuilding industry
- Knowledge of planning policy and process
- Commitment to a progressive career
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.