Senior Quantity Surveyor
Do you want to be part of a successful company? An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our growing Commercial Team.
We are currently looking for an individual with exceptional communication and negotiation skills, customer focus and Business & Commercial Acumen.
Working closely with the Commercial Manager and the Commercial Director you will be expected to provide full commercial management of a number of housing projects from conception to completion. Also, provide information, where necessary, for the land purchase exercise that will enable clear materials and labour costs to be considered at that stage.
The successful candidate will monitor and report build costs periodically reporting any savings and excesses; monitor and report costs, to provide full commercial management of housing projects as well as information for land purchase exercise.
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site Manager at the appropriate time.
- Implement wherever possible value engineering solutions & strategy to optimise profit and efficiency for the business.
- Maintain schedules of quantities and price them individually for prime cost budget.
- Manage the adoption process of public works.
- Assist in finalising/agreeing Housing Association contracts.
- Once land opportunities are identified, familiarise the geographical area and consider site issues.
- Prepare estimates of all prime costs including subcontract and materials.
- Use COINS systems to present feasibility study of the site incorporating all development costs.
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis for the Director.
- Responsible for procurement of subcontractors including payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director.
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies.
- Attend concept, pre-tender, pre-start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required
- Input and maintain any computer based databases or systems.
- You must have strong knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements
- You will have wide experience in the discipline within the housebuilding industry.
- Team Working, Customer Focus, Time Management and Leadership
- Ability to interface & liaise with other departments as well as external consultants/clients.
- Industry related business qualification.
- Preferably member of CIOB or RICS
- IT Literate.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.