Senior Quantity Surveyor
Do you want to be part of a successful company? An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our growing Commercial Team
We are currently looking for an individual with exceptional communication and negotiation skills, customer focus and Business & Commercial Acumen.
Working closely with the Head of Commercial and Commercial Manager you will be part of a dynamic team responsible for all procurement, commercial and contractual aspects of the Central London BU.
The role entails interfacing with all staff involved in the project including, but not limited to, external consultants, main contractors, external suppliers and JV / Development partners.
The successful candidate will be fully responsible for the commercial reporting of projects within the region including benchmarking, land viabilities, tender recommendations, WIP, cashflows, valuations, final accounts and VIM process.
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise.Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site Manager at the appropriate time.
- Implement wherever possible value engineering solutions & strategy to optimise profit and efficiency for the business.
- Maintain schedules of quantities and price them individually for prime cost budget.
- Manage the adoption process of public works.
- Assist in finalising/agreeing Housing Association contracts.
- Once land opportunities are identified, familiarise the geographical area and consider site issues.
- Prepare estimates of all prime costs including subcontract and materials.
- Use COINS systems to present feasibility study of the site incorporating all development costs.
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis for the Director.
- Responsible for procurement of subcontractors including payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director.
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on estimating e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies.
- Attend concept, pre-tender, pre-start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required
- Input and maintain any computer based databases or systems.
- Wide experience in the discipline within the housebuilding industry.
- Strong knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements.
- Industry related business
- Managing a team.
- Preferably member of CIOB or RICS.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.