Strategic Land and Planning Manager (9 month maternity cover)
Maternity cover role responsible for managing and increasing the Strategic Land portfolio in the operating areas covered by the Regional Business Units.
- The identification of new strategic land opportunities and negotiation of legal agreements on appropriate terms,
- Liaison with landowners over progress on site promotion,
- Responsibility for the renewal/extension of options,
- Input into the production of developer collaboration agreements,
- The monitoring of competitor activity,
- Community engagement on site promotions and planning applications,
- Management of planning and acquisition activity to deliver key targets in priority areas of search,
- Taking ownership of project viability and delivery,
- Production of monthly progress reports on key projects,
- Produce and manage budgets and professional fees,
- Produce scheme viabilities,
- Management of fee spend in line with budget forecasts.
- Be commercially aware of TW’s contractual obligations on each project in order to ensure that these can be met before committing expenditure to a given project
- Ensure that infrastructure and S106 obligations are capable of being supported by the scheme commercially and contractually
- Be able to forecast likely fee spend accurately
- Be conversant with land values, build and infrastructure costs in producing scheme viabilities
- Work with the regional team to ensure the most desired and economical decisions are made and implemented into the design
- Full understanding of corporate vision and strategic policies as well as regional priorities and focus
- Good understanding of government planning policy, the Local Plan process and housing land supply issues
- Full understanding of option/collaboration agreements and related land issues
- Must undertake continual professional development and embrace Health and Safety procedures
- Compliance with internal procedures and Operating Framework
- The candidate will require a background in land acquisition, and have a good understanding of the planning process
- Professional accreditation (RICS / RTPI)
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over
10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.