Responsible for the management of skills and resources within the department together with external consultants and authorities to ensure each development is optimised.
- Management of the Technical team to ensure that all designs /technical issues are dealt with within the development programme and budget.
- Management of external consultants to ensure information is received, co-ordinated and distributed on time and within budget.
- Deliver and drive technical information in a consistent format across all schemes and the department.
- Assist the Technical Director in recruitment, selection, training, coaching and personal development of the Technical team.
- Provide knowledge/expertise to react to changes in legislation as dictated by industry standards of Building Control, NHBC, planning etc.
- Ensure all Key Performance Indicator targets are reached across all areas of Technical in line with business aspirations.
- Manage and comply with the process and procedures contained within the Taylor Wimpey Operating Framework.
- Manage and implement the Taylor Wimpey CDM/EMS process and procedure, deputising for the regional Principle Designer, identifying foreseeable risk in designs and taking action to remove risk, in line with company policy.
- Provide the primary communication channel between the Technical team, other internal departments and external agencies.
- Arrange, co-ordinate and manage all technical meetings with other departments in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all relevant action points are noted and recorded.
- Prepare and maintain design programmes and documents for the monitoring of progress and for use in reporting to the management team.
- Assist in the evaluation and appraisal of development opportunities and to prepare information required to purchase new sites.
- Liaise and negotiate where necessary with Statutory Authorities, Local Planning Authorities, Highways, Consultants etc. to ensure projects achieve the set objectives and programmes.
- Manage/oversee the delivery of key strategic infrastructure projects.
Key business relationships:
Internal: All relevant Staff from other internal departments
External: Design Consultants, Solicitors, Planners, Highways, External agencies – advertising, PR, Signage, Health and Safety Advisors etc.
What are the measures of success for this position?
- Lead a highly motivated team
- Drive and inspire consistent information across all projects
- Trust and respect in the project team and wider business
Experience, Qualifications, Technical Requirements, Education Required/Preferred:
- Previous experience as either a Technical or Project Manager within a development organisation
- Solid experience (preferably 5 years minimum) of running projects from concept stage through to completion at Technical Manager level or above.
- Strong knowledge of the full development/technical process
- Ability to create and manage programmes
- Previous experience managing multiple individuals/teams
The role involves travel which requires a full driving licence.
This role may require outside of hours work from time to time as pressures on the department demand.
- Be future focused and drive change
- Communicate well and collaborate
- Be well planned and organised
- Make informed decisions
- Develop good relations and act with integrity
Internal Applicants – Please inform your Line Manager if you wish to apply for this role