Senior Technical Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Technical Manager to join our Technical team at Taylor Wimpey.
- Management of the Technical team to ensure that all designs /technical issues are dealt with within the development programme and budget.
- Management of external consultants to ensure information is received, coordinated and distributed on time and within budget.
- Deliver and drive technical information in a consistent format across all schemes and the department.
- Assist the Technical Director in recruitment, selection, training, coaching and personal development of the Technical team.
- Provide knowledge/expertise to react to changes in legislation as dictated by industry standards of Building Control, NHBC, planning etc.
- Ensure all Key Performance Indicator targets are reached across all areas of Technical in line with business aspirations.
- Manage and comply with the process and procedures contained within the Taylor Wimpey Operating Framework.
- Manage and implement the Taylor Wimpey CDM/EMS process and procedure, deputising for the regional Principle Designer, identifying foreseeable risk in designs and taking action to remove risk, in line with company policy.
- Provide the primary communication channel between the Technical team, other internal departments and external agencies.
- Arrange, co-ordinate and manage all technical meetings with other departments in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all relevant action points are noted and recorded.
- Prepare and maintain design programmes and documents for the monitoring of progress and for use in reporting to the management team.
- Assist in the evaluation and appraisal of development opportunities to purchase new sites.
- Liaise and negotiate where necessary with Statutory Authorities, Local Planning Authorities, Highways, Consultants etc. to ensure projects achieve the set objectives and programmes.
- Manage/oversee the delivery of key strategic infrastructure projects.
- Previous experience as either a Technical or Senior Technical Manager within a development organisation
- Solid experience (preferably 5 years minimum) of running projects from concept stage through to completion at Technical Manager level or above.
- Strong knowledge of the full development/technical process
- Ability to create and manage programmes
- Previous experience managing multiple individuals/teams
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal candidates – Please inform your line manager before applying