Site Management Apprentice
We are seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic Site Management Trainee to learn the responsibilities required of the Site Management Team, to enable the efficient supervision of a development. To learn how the site is constructed from the start through to completion. Communicate with a variety of personnel on all levels. Learn about the planning and programming of the build and the site activities. To learn what is required from the build to ensure the Customer Care process is adhered to.
- Maintain daily diary to record site events and requirement
- Co-ordinate with the Site Manager to ensure availability of materials required to meet construction programme.
- Resolve issues
Health & Safety
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health and Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with the Taylor Wimpey Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- Comply with the site specific environmental action plan requirements
- Completion of all statutory forms on a weekly basis
- Assist the Site Manager in the management of the quality of work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers
- Undertake regular inspection of each property during each stage of the build process and complete “snagging lists”.
- Ensure all contractors work to issued drawings, company specification and trade conditions/scope of works
- Assist the Site Manager with the introduction of the customer to their new home at the familiarisation visit ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved
- Ensure that at legal completion the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation
- Assist the Site Manager in regular visits to customers post legal completion to ensure the customers satisfaction with their new home
- GCSE’s Grade A – C or A Levels Grade A – C (English & Maths) or Trade Experience
- CSCS Card Holder
- Computer Literate
- Awareness of Health & Safety
- To Attend College and pass HNC Qualification
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE