We are looking for a proficient Site Manager who will oversee all the construction operations on site. This key role within our business is accountable for all aspects of the operational house build process. The Site Manager is responsible for making sure that construction is completed within agreed timelines, cost parameters, safely and to our customers' satisfaction.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong project management skills with detailed building and construction experience. We also need someone with the ability to manage people and create a strong team spirit on site.
- Assist the Production Director to ensure the site programme meets budget and commercial objectives.
- Develop a build specific programme for residential housing sites
- Complete weekly management reports detailing progress against planned milestones
- Assist in the production of the pre start health and safety plan and update and develop as the site progresses
- Liaise with the materials controller on a daily basis to ensure material deliveries are in accordance with the build programme
- Work with the Sales Executives, buying department and sub-contractors regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
- Plan and arrange visits by the National House Builders Council to carry out stage inspections.
- You will have knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Ability to plan and make decisions with a customer focus and business awareness.
- You will be passionate about managing people
- Ability to manage and track costs
- A trade background is desirable but not essential
- CSCS card – Site Management.
- First Aid qualified.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally, we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments.
We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.