At Taylor Wimpey we are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability. An opportunity has arisen for a confident, motivated and customer-focused Site Manager, who shows great leadership and decision making skills in order to guide and inspire the Site Teams within Taylor Wimpey.
We seek a dynamic, motivated and experienced individual, who will oversee all the construction operations on site. This key role within our business is accountable for all aspects of the operational house build process. The Site Manager is responsible for making sure that construction is completed within agreed timelines, cost parameters, safely and to our customers' satisfaction.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong project management skills with detailed building and construction experience. This person will have the ability to manage, support and guide the site team, creating a strong team spirit on site and growing your people to be the very best they can be.
- Full Project management of the Taylor Wimpey site build from site setup to ensuring houses are completed in time for customer move in dates
- Manage the health and safety at all times across site operations ensuring everyone on site is adhering to Taylor Wimpey’s standards and procedures
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with the subcontractor network on site and coordinating trades to ensure they are meeting key build milestones
- Work closely with Customer Services and Sales to ensure our customer journey plan is adhered to at all stages
- Work with the National House Building Council (NHBC) to carry out key site and plot inspections
- Extensive site management experience is essential, with a detailed knowledge of the building and construction trade - CCSCS card (Site Management)
- Through knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation you will be able to minimise risk through developing and endorsing safe operating processes
- Ability to plan and make decisions, take accountability for and can justify decisions, ensuring teams deliver on those decisions
- Develop and support mutually beneficial partnerships all working collaboratively in the customers interest
- Role model, passionate about people development and able to lead, manage, and motivate a team
- A natural and engaging communication style, demonstrating a passion and excellence for developing trusting, sustainable and robust relationships both internally and externally
- Open to change and continually strives to improve performances and be the best that they can be by setting and managing objectives to drive continuous improvements and challenge underperformance
- Ability to manage and track costs (working to site budgets)
- First Aid qualified.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally, we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments.
We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.