• Produce a detailed method statement for the development, i.e. compound position, material storage areas, spoil heaps, highway constraints.
• Assist the Production Director in the production of the site programme to meet budgeted objectives.
• Produce detailed roads and sewers, show area and enabling works programme.
• Evaluate the accuracy of relevant information for development, technical and sales departments and external agencies if applicable.
• Determine plant, equipment and personnel requirements in conjunction with the technical departments.
• Assess material delivery times in relation to build programme requirements and pass to technical department.
• Develop specific build programme for show area complex to meet accelerated build programme.
Monitoring and reporting
• Completion of weekly management reports detailing progress against planned objectives and action taken to recover lost time.
• Produce, in conjunction with the Production Director, and monitor progress against site build programme.
Health and Safety
• Assist the development department in the production of the pre start health and safety plan and update and develop as the site proceeds.
• Undertake a site safety induction of all new site personnel.
• Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health & Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with the Taylor Wimpey Health and Safety procedure manual.
• Ensure all operatives have the necessary certification/licence to carry out the duties they are required to perform.
• Completion of all statutory safety forms on a weekly basis.
• Carry out frequent inspection of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
• Ensure all operatives are working to the method statements and risk assessments submitted by the relevant sub-contractor or Taylor Wimpey Management.
• Ensure site boundaries, access points, offices and buildings are secure at the end of each day.
• Check and monitor all sub-contractors site specific Method Statements, Risk Assessment and COSHH reports.
• Hold regular contractors meetings as per the procedures manual.
• Monitor and update master plan on a weekly basis.
• Produce, in conjunction with the Assistant Site Manager, trade specific weekly programmes.
• Liaise with the materials controller on a daily basis to ensure material deliveries are in accordance with the build programme.
• Establish the quality of work required and assist the Assistant Site Manager in the management of the work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers to meet those standards.
• Issue defect sheets to relevant trades.
• Ensure all contractors work to issued drawings, company specification and trade conditions/scope of works.
• Ensure regular inspection of each property by Assistant Site Manager and snagging sheets completed and issued to relevant trades.
• Carry out random property inspections to ensure quality standards are being maintained.
• Manage the application of Company franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
Control of Waste
• Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
• Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company procedures in skips provided.
• Hold weekly meetings with the Sales Executive and complete the standard pro forma detailing events and activities.
• Liaise on a daily basis with the Sales Executive regarding customer options and variations.
• Liaise with the Sales Executive, buying department and sub-contractor regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
• Co-ordinate with the Sales Executive the resolution of customer issues.
• Ensure that Show Home internal/external maintenance work is carried out on a weekly basis.
• Plan and arrange visits by the National House Builders Council Inspectors to carry out stage inspections.
• Plan and arrange with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
• Accompany Inspectors during the course of their visits.
• Assist the Assistant Site Manager with the introduction of the customer to their new home at the familiarisation visit ensuring that any deficits are identified and resolved.
• Ensure that at legal completion the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation.
• Assist the Assistant Site Manager in regular visits to customer post legal completion to ensure the customers satisfaction with their new home.
• Assist the Assistant Site Manager to resolve any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
Additional managerial and leadership responsibilities (for roles with line management only):
There may be a requirement to do other specific roles within the company, regional and national, to enable new processes to progress.
Key business relationships:
Internal: Assistant Site Manager, Sales Executives, Site Operatives, Regional Office Staff, Members of the Management Team, Regional Customer Service Team
External: Sub-Contractors, Customers, Local Community members
Regional variances to the role:
- Needs to be prepared to work across the whole BU in area.
What are the measures of success for this position?
- The measures of success will be based on achievement of CML and HQI compliance and customer satisfaction scores being of a miniumum of 90%. NHBC reportable items to be kept under 0.15%. - Build completion times to be met on a quarterly basis.
Experience, Qualifications, Technical Requirements, Education Required/Preferred:-
- Detailed building and construction experience
- NVQ Residential Construction Site Management L6
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Cost controls (working to site budgets)
- Trade background
- CSCS card – Site Management Required
- First Aid qualified
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
- Be future focused and drive change
- Make informed decisions
- Never compromise on safety
- Be well planned and organised
- Communicate well and collaborate
- Develop good relations and act with integrity
Internal Applicants – Please inform your Line Manager if you wish to apply for this role