Strategic Land and Planning Manager
We are looking for an experienced Strategic Land and Planning Manager who will be responsible for sourcing, promoting and managing the Strategic Land portfolio in the relevant operating areas.
The successful candidate will act as interface with the regional teams (land / technical / commercial / sales) to ensure that business objectives are met on planning applications. You will also, liaise with statutory bodies to assist in the resolving of technical and design issues and with Regional teams in the production of technical and layout information in support of applications and planning strategies.
As an experienced professional you will communicate well at all levels internally within the group and externally with public bodies, consultants, landowners and the general public/local community.
- The promotion of sites through the planning process with a view to securing allocations of land for housing
- The making of planning applications and the handling of appeals
- The appointment of external consultants
- The identification of new strategic land opportunities and negotiation of legal agreements on appropriate terms
- Liaison with landowners over progress on site promotion
- Responsibility for the renewal/extension of options
- Input into the production of developer collaboration agreements
- The monitoring of Local Plan documents, housing land supply and competitor activity
- Community engagement on site promotions and planning applications
- Management of planning and acquisition activity to deliver key targets in priority areas of search
- Management of fee spend in line with budget forecasts
- Taking ownership of project viability and delivery
- Production of monthly progress reports on key projects
- Preparation of planning strategies
- Produce and manage budgets and professional fees
- Produce scheme viabilities
- Management of external consultants to ensure that they deliver effectively, on time and to budget
- Experience and background in either land and / or planning
- Professional accreditation (RTPI / RICS) is desirable
- Be commercially aware of TW’s contractual obligations on each project in order to ensure that these can be met before committing expenditure to a given project
- Ensure that infrastructure and S106 obligations are capable of being supported by the scheme commercially and contractually
- Aim to secure best value when appointing consultants with close control kept over cost
- Be able to forecast likely fee spend accurately
- Be conversant with land values, build and infrastructure costs in producing scheme viabilities
- Embrace innovative solutions to resolve technical and design issues
- Work with the regional team to ensure the most desired and economical decisions are made and implemented into the design
- Full understanding of corporate vision and strategic policies and well as regional priorities and focus
- Must undertake continual professional development and embrace Health and Safety procedures
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.