Strategic Land Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our London & South East Strategic Land Region covering the South Thames and West London regional business areas
The successful candidate ideally will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the Strategic Land market, preferably in the South East; will have good communication skills and the ability to work within a team; with initiative, resourcefulness and tenacity to source new land opportunities.
Reporting to the Regional Strategic Land Managing Director, you will be involved in a wide range of activities.
- An ability to identify strategic sites/growth areas/development opportunities by having a good understanding of the planning process and stages leading up to sites being allocated for development
- Good knowledge of the geographical area and the main players within it
- Good knowledge/relationships with land agents, development organisations and competitors
- An ability to negotiate margin enhancing agreements, mainly involving option or hybrid option/promotion agreements
- A clear understanding of the continually evolving planning system and issues currently facing both the developer and landowner
- A comprehensive understanding of what is required to promote sites through the planning system
- Understanding of the contractual aspects relating to option agreements
- Ability to liaise effectively with the regional business unit regarding target locations for site acquisitions.
- A good range of contacts in the land market
The successful candidate will be expected to operate primarily in the North East Hampshire, Sussex and Surrey areas, and adjoining outer London Boroughs, to identify and secure new strategic development opportunities involving sites currently unallocated for development and requiring promotion through the planning system.
The successful candidate will ideally be RICS qualified; will be familiar with option and promotion agreements; and will possess a sound knowledge of the Local Plan process. He or she will be articulate with good communication skills, both oral and written; will be able to work on their own initiative, as well as being part of a team; will be personable and, above all, passionate and professional in all aspects of the job.
The successful candidate ideally will already have experience of dealing with and securing option agreements and will have a working knowledge of the geographic area.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.