The successful candidate will deliver the full potential and optimum value from Taylor Wimpey’s assets; enhance the portfolio with a regular supply of high quality land opportunities which meet geographical/commercial/volume requirements, ensure accuracy of budgets and forecasts, fulfil commitments to deliver plots with planning consent to the business.
You will manage our contractual obligations and make sure the database is updated in a timely manner, follow Health & Safety procedures and consultant appointment authorisations/ protocols. Establishing and communicating a considered land strategy hand in hand with the regional business unit and Taylor Wimpey overall objectives.
- Drive new business development and secure attractive new land opportunities
- Agree, set and deliver TWSL specific Business Objectives
- Managing an accurate record of business accounts and the SL Database
- Portfolio/Asset management to optimise value
- Establishing and encouraging best practices
- Budgeting and forecasting all regions business impacts
- Production of realistic individual project appraisals with realistic assessment of risk/reward
- Ensure effective project management so as to optimise value of assets
Securing new business
- Identifying new opportunities. Direct search compatible to locations sought by Taylor Wimpey in higher ASP locations
- Directing the negotiation and securing of legal interests in accordance with TW guidelines
- Detailed knowledge of land supply
- Network within regional marketplace
Delivering business objectives
- Agree joint land strategies with the Divisional Managing Director and the regional business units
- Deliver plots with consent and acceptable margins to the business units on time and within budget
- Produce and agree business plans and development strategies for major projects
- Maintain the scale, mix and quality of the SL portfolio to deliver the above
- Generate positive team morale and promote TW both internally and externally
- Develop positive relationships with the wider team, especially the Divisional Chairman, Divisional and Regional Managing Directors and Regional Operating Teams
- Produce accurate monthly management reports on time
- Manage regular liaison meetings with the MD’s and Land and Technical Directors/Managers in the RBU’s
- Senior Management role
- Previous Team Management experience (within a similar organisation preferable)
- Up to date Land Contracts and Planning knowledge
- Proven track record in managing against set delivery objectives
- Land networks in the region
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Please advise your Line Manager if you are applying for this role.
You can no longer apply for this vacancy.