Supply Chain Director
An opportunity has come up for a Supply Chain Director to initiate and lead strategic Supply Chain projects for Taylor Wimpey whilst leading, coaching and developing all employees across the supply chain team.
- To initiate and lead strategic Supply Chain projects for Taylor Wimpey to deliver supplier rationalisation, spend consolidation, cost and risk reduction.
- To manage and develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, driving continual innovation and quality improvement throughout the supply chain.
- Supporting Research and Development initiatives including with supply chain manufacturers.
- To assess both strategic and short-term risks to the Supply Chain and implement appropriate mitigation strategies as and when required.
- To support the progression of cost-effective supply chain initiatives, working closely with suppliers and Regional Business Units to recognise and deliver year on year business benefits.
- To ensure compliance to company and legal standards in all transactions, commensurate with a leading PLC, including statutory obligations.
- To support Taylor Wimpey’s Health and Safety and Customer Service objectives through the procurement process.
- Provide regular reports to the TWUK board on Supply Chain matters including recommendations for all product categories.
- To manage Supply Chain risk and business continuity.
- Manage and motivate a team of senior supply chain managers to build long term relationships with preferred sub-contractors /suppliers, to seek innovative and cost-effective solutions and to impact market and product knowledge to the wider business.
- Be responsible for Taylor Wimpey Logistics as a key component of the Supply Chain.
- As part of any tender process, ensure suppliers’ operational and financial performance is maximised by specifically setting KPI’s and supplier objectives.
- To provide an innovative approach to alternative suppliers, exploring overseas providers when appropriate, and alternative build methods and products.
- To lead, coach and develop teams to encourage succession planning and people development.
- To maintain procurement governance and policy including the implementation and maintenance of supplier contracts.
- Lead by example and seek to drive and embed the Taylor Wimpey core cultural principles
- Encourage and develop the ‘working together’ principle with cross functional teams.
- Monitor the continual professional development of all employees across the Supply Chain te
- Degree or equivalent i.e. HNC Construction – Required
- CIPS (Institute of Purchasing) qualified – Preferred
- Post graduate diploma i.e. MDS, MA, Supply Chain Diploma – Preferred
- IT literacy in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint – Required
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.