The purpose of the Sustainability Analyst role is to support Taylor Wimpey in the development of new ways of thinking and working to support meeting its commitment of becoming a more sustainable business. This means assisting in the delivery of a range of environmental, social and economic action programmes.
Some information on our approach to sustainability is included on the Taylor Wimpey website:
Support the delivery of existing action programmes including:
- Energy and climate
- Supply chain
Support the delivery of the 2017 Sustainability Strategy when finalised, including new areas which may include:
- Health and well being
- Millennial perspective
- Social sustainability / affordability
- Information gathering to support a programme of disclosure activities to benchmarks: NextGeneration, CDP, DJSI and FTSE4Good
- Information gathering to support Sustainability and Annual reporting
- Analyse non-financial data collected by our finance department and external data providers
- Support and advise central business functions, specialist internal working groups and the regional house building businesses with advice
- Watching brief to identify changes in policy and legislation
- Manage external consultants
- Follow and adhere to the company vision, mission, procedures and standards of performance
NOTE: This is the scope of work for the department and individuals are not expected to have a background in all or even most of the items, rather enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are more important.
- 2-3 years of relevant sustainability experience, probably in a corporate or a consultancy role
- Commitment and enthusiasm around sustainability
- Analytical and commercial thinking
- An understanding of business processes and communication tailored to different business audiences
- Make informed decisions
- Communicate well and collaborate
- Be well planned and organised
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.