Finance Graduate Scheme
Taylor Wimpey is now recruiting for our 2017 Finance Graduate Programme beginning in September 2017. The scheme aims to provide a carefully selected group of graduates with a strong commercial grounding and an introduction to the house building sector. You will have the opportunity to work across several different business functions and office locations across the UK. This breadth of experience will help you gain a full appreciation of the build life cycle, support functions and how Taylor Wimpey operates one of the most successful business models in the industry. The finance scheme is a great opportunity for those completing a finance related degree looking to secure their first role in a FTSE 100 business whilst training towards their professional finance qualification.
The aim of the scheme is to place graduates into permanent positions at the end of a 3 year programme and for those outstanding individuals to fast track their development to director level within 5 years. Taylor Wimpey will also fully fund an industry recognised finance qualification as part of the development programme.
- Our finance programme is a 3 year rotational scheme, where you will spend time in regional finance teams as well as our group finance setup in head office.
- Rotations will be a minimum of 6 months long and graduates will have the opportunity to spend time in Head Office and a variety of our 24 regional offices located all across the UK.
- Successful candidates will all attend a 5 day residential induction programme where they will be given the opportunity to learn about the business in more detail, find out more about the 3 year programme and what it will bring and also get the chance to meet their compatriots.
- At the end of each business rotation, graduates will be given a full review of their performance which will contribute to an overall portfolio of their development.
- Senior leaders within the business will monitor your progress and you will be supported in achieving professional and/or other appropriate qualifications if required
- Successful graduates will attend a number of Taylor Wimpey ‘Skills Camps’ and development interventions over two years that are designed to improve, amongst other things, their commercial awareness, management ability and personal skills. These will also provide an opportunity to hear from Senior Directors and their experiences of working for Taylor Wimpey.
- Graduates will also work on different projects during their 3 years, alongside their fellow graduates. These will include a charity project and an internal business project.
- At the end of the 3 year programme, all successful candidates will be offered a role within the organisation.
Experience, Qualifications, Technical Requirements and Education
- 1st or 2:1 finance related degree
- Full driving license and access to a car
- Eligible to work in the UK - Required
- Willingness to travel around the UK and are happy to stay away from home for extended periods of time
- Be comfortable with the training commitments of a traditional finance qualification like ACCA or CIMA
- Commercial experience or placement within a bluechip organisation
- Resilience - The ability to recover quickly from challenging situations and provide effective solutions to problems.
- Collaboration - Comfortable working in a team on various projects and takes constructive criticism. Able to influence others where appropriate.
- Accountability - Take full responsibility for own actions and can offer justification for them when required.
- Risk taking - Willing to take calculated risks when appropriate and can learn from previous mistakes.
- Challenging - Willing to challenge the norm and push back when appropropriate regardless of audience
- Ambitious - Strong desire to succeed, both professionally and personally and have a clear plan on how to achieve objectives.
- Solution-focused - Draws effective and valid conclusions based on analysis and objective views.
- Resilience & Perseverance - Can identify alternative approaches to achieve the objective and will push others to achieve even I the face of challenge and obstacles.
- Pace & Energy - Shows passion and enthusiasm to meet objectives quickly and effectively.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.