The role would report to a Technical Manager and actively support the business in all technical matters arising.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and teamwork skills, commercial awareness of proposals and the ability to work under own initiative and within tight deadlines.
- Attend internal and external team meetings as required taking minutes where necessary.
- Support Technical Co-ordinators to ensure relevant information is available for clearance of all relevant planning in line with development programmes.
- Prepare, submit and secure Building Regulations Approvals for developments.
- Assist in clearing Building Regulation conditions to ensure CML’s can be delivered in line with Regional Budget.
- Co-ordinate and assist the Technical and Commercial team to ensure all drawings are uploaded, approved and circulated
- As a priority assist the Technical Team to deal with the resolution of site queries in close conjunction with the Senior Technical Manager/Technical Manager/Project Manager and liaise with Site Manager/Sales Executive to ensure continuity of build progress/sales progress.
- Produce Home User Guides and Health & Safety Files for Housing Association completions, HSE Homeowner information and customer plans for private completions with the assistance of the Technical Co-ordinators.
- Co-ordinate design team meetings and follow up actions specified.
- Compile health, safety and environmental check lists including house type risk assessments.
- Assist with issuing full drawing packs and updated drawings to issue to the site and sales teams.
- Schedule any necessary internal or external meetings.
- Technical understanding and knowledge of house building is preferred but not essential.
- Administration and document management experience required.
- Project Management Skills – Knowledge of Microsoft Project 2010 desirable but not essential.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.