We are looking for a Technical Co-ordinator to report directly to the Technical Director and actively support the Technical Team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and teamwork skills, commercial awareness of of design and design changes and the ability to work under own initiative and within tight deadlines.
The Technical Co-ordinator will prominently participate in the management and co-ordination of the external consultant team through all stages of Planning through Commercial, Production, Sales and Adoptions and actively support the Project Manager and Production teams in all matters arising.
The candidate will ensure that all disciplines are fully joined up and in synchronisation; checking layout drawings, suppliers and manufacturers details. You will also be expected to assist in obtaining necessary Building Regulation Technical Approvals and advise all internal Teams of updates and progress. Efficiently resolve and co-ordinate any issues arising from the external consultants.
- Participate in managing the preparation of planning layout and supporting information and reports for submission.
- Ensure thorough co-ordination between all consultants to prevent any adopting, conflicting or maintenance issues during construction of the development.
- Attend internal and external team meetings as required to assist in the preparation of information for planning submission.
- Ensure relevant information availability for clearance of all planning conditions prior to site start.
- Work with commercial team to provide a detailed materials palette and plot schedule details for the development to ensure commercial objectives are maintained and planning constraints met.
- Prepare, submit and secure Building Regulations Approvals for developments.
- Clear all Building Regulation conditions to ensure CML’s can be delivered in line with Regional Budget.
- Maintain a good understanding of environmental/ecological constraints to development and ensure that appropriate mitigation is undertaken to allow development to proceed in line with Regional Programme.
- Arrange for the preparation of all working drawing requirements –residential and none residential uses - and supporting information for issue to Commercial Department for tendering purposes in line with agreed Programme, utilising external consultants where appropriate.
- As a priority, deal with the resolution of site queries in close conjunction with the Project Manager and liaise with Site Manager/Sales Executive to ensure continuity of build progress/sales progress.
- Run design team meetings and follow up actions specified.
- Input into health, safety and environmental check lists including house type risk assessments.
- Full Technical understanding and knowledge of regulatory constraints must be clearly demonstrated.
- Understanding of the planning process.
- Detailed experience of building regulations process.
- Project Management Skills.
- Understanding of the planning process and requirements essential.
- Thorough understanding of technical detailing including Building Regulations/CODE and emerging requirements are essential.
- Full appreciation of related disciplines including planning, engineering, drainage, highways.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.