Technical Coordinator – Major Projects
Fantastic opportunity to join our technical team and work on some of our Major Projects. You will have responsibility for the management and co-ordination of the external consultant team through all stages of project procurement and actively support the Project team in all matters arising.
- Participate in managing the preparation of information required for clearance of all planning conditions.
- Ensure thorough co-ordination between all consultants to prevent any adopting, conflicting or maintenance issues during construction of the development.
- Participate in managing fees budget in accordance with regional conventions and protocols and effectively manage and administer same through the entire life of a project.
- Prepare, submit and secure Building Regulations Approvals for developments.
- Arrange for the preparation of all working drawing requirements and supporting information
- Undertake detailed assessment and approval of all supporting suppliers and manufacturer’s information, including renewable energy requirements.
- Ensure structural assessment of all house type drawings is undertaken by an approved consultant.
- Review and comment on technical content of all sales literature to ensure compliance with working drawings and issue information to sales to meet requirements of Consumer Code.
- As a priority, deal with the resolution of site queries in close conjunction with the Project Manager and liaise with Site Manager/Sales Executive to ensure continuity of build progress/sales progress.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in all necessary key meetings as required by the Operational Framework.
- Attend all site based and Head Office Development Meetings as necessary.
- Attend and participate in running design team meetings and follow up actions specified.
- Input into health, safety and environmental check lists including house type risk assessments.
- Provide any necessary Input into CDM.
- Attend progress meetings with Housing Associations and other non-residential land uses and ensure appropriate information is provided to allow planning and contractual requirements to be met.
- Produce any home user guide information required by housing association.
- Produce O&M information as required.
- Understanding of the planning process and requirements.
- Thorough understanding of technical detailing including Building Regulations/CODE and emerging requirements are essential.
- AutoCad desirable- thorough competency of working drawing requirements essential.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and to programme accurately.
- Excellent communication skills and team work are essential.
- Ability to manage external consultant team and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Commercial awareness of design and design changes.
- Ability to work under own initiative is a key requirement.
- Understanding of related disciplines including planning, engineering, drainage, highways.
- Full Technical understanding and knowledge of regulatory constraints must be clearly demonstrated.
- Ability to demonstrate continuing development and understanding of emerging requirements.
- Understanding of the planning process.
- Detailed experience of building regulations process.
- Project Management Skills.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.