Technical Management Trainee
The aim of the role will be to equip the Trainee with an appreciation of the Company’s overall house building business objective and an in-depth knowledge of the Architectural and Engineering aspects of the Technical function within the Regional Business Unit.
- Attend and contribute to Design Team meetings
- Assist in the selection of consultants to support the technical function of the regional business unit
- Ensure that all designs are procured to the correct scope, are accurate, complete and distributed effectively.
- To prepare and amend architectural drawings and details using AutoCAD or similar design software.
- To submit all relevant information to the NHBC/Planning authority
- Provide technical support to the land and planning function as necessary and attendance at Public Consultations
- General day to day administration to include filing, copying, printing, liaising with all other departments where required.
- Prepare detailed plot and external material schedules.
- Ensure the complete suite of Technical Information necessary is available
- Preparation of plot conveyance plans.
- The commissioning, co-ordination and checking of various specialist suppliers designs and integrate their requirements into the working drawing packages
- Various other duties as required by the Line Manager/Technical Director.
- Experience in the discipline within the housebuilding industry
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements
- A full UK driving license or be working towards acquiring one
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above
- ‘A’ Levels at Grade C or above - preferred
- ONC/HNC - preferred
- Degree level - preferred
- Familiar with computers and to have (or be able quickly to acquire) a basic knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – Please ensure you inform your Line Manager before applying