Technical Management Trainee
Do you want to come to work to make a difference, put all your talents to good use, really help people and to make our company better? This is your chance to join a fantastic Technical Team in Stretford at Taylor Wimpey Manchester.
We are looking for a dynamic, confident and ambitious Trainee who is willing to develop a successful career within Taylor Wimpey in the Technical area.
As a Trainee we aim to equip you with an appreciation of the Company’s overall business and an in-depth knowledge of technical activity. This role will be both challenging and rewarding with exposure to a fast paced, vibrant environment.
- Submission of utilities applications for new developments
- Producing CAD drawings
- Production of Legal Conveyance Plans
- Attendance at Site Meetings
- Appreciation of design standards and house types
- Involvement in engineering design.
- Updating and monitoring development programmes.
- General day to day administration, i.e. taking calls, filing, emails etc.
- Minimum 3 ‘A’ Levels at Grade C or above
- It will be necessary for the Trainee to enrol on a day release university course (ONC/HNC/degree etc.), which is relevant to their job role, for the duration of the 4 years.
- The role involves using a computer on a daily basis, so computer literacy is essential. Also, the use of CAD and similar design packages, so a working knowledge of such packages is desirable.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate is required to have a full, clean UK driving license.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.