The successful candidate will ensure that all disciplines are fully joined up and in synchronisation. Check layout drawings, suppliers and manufacturers details. Assist in obtaining necessary Building Regulation Technical Approvals and advise all internal Teams of updates and progress. You will be expected to efficiently resolve and co-ordinate any issues arising from the external consultants
- Participate in managing the preparation of information required for clearance of all planning conditions.
- Ensure thorough co-ordination between all consultants to prevent any adopting, conflicting or maintenance issues during construction of the development.
- Assist in ensuring a submitted application is in line with Operational Framework Requirements and TW internal guidance on “Good Practice” for submission of planning applications.
- Attend internal and external team meetings as required to assist in the preparation of information for planning submission.
- Participate in managing fees budget in accordance with regional conventions and protocols, effectively manage and administer same through the entire life of a project.
- Prepare, submit and secure Building Regulations Approvals for developments.
- Clear all Building Regulation conditions to ensure CML’s can be delivered in line with Regional targets and budget.
- Maintain a good understanding of environmental/ecological constraints to development and ensure that appropriate mitigation is undertaken to allow development to proceed in line with Regional Programme.
- Arrange for the preparation of all working drawing requirements –residential and non-residential uses - and supporting information for issue to Commercial Department for tendering purposes in line with agreed Programme, utilising external consultants where appropriate.
- Undertake detailed assessment and approval of all supporting suppliers and manufacturer’s information, including renewable energy requirements.
- Obtain all assessments and ensure compliance with HQI, Lifetime Homes, Building for Life, DQS etc.
- Ensure structural assessment of all house type drawings is undertaken by an approved consultant.
- Review and comment on technical content of all sales literature to ensure compliance with working drawings and issue information to sales to meet requirements of Consumer Code.
- Accuracy of issue and working to tight deadlines and programmes is essential.
- As a priority, deal with the resolution of site queries in close conjunction with the Project Manager and liaise with Site Manager/Sales Executive to ensure continuity of build progress/sales progress.
- Attend all site based and Head Office Development Meetings as necessary.
- Attend and participate in running design team meetings and follow up actions specified.
- Input into health, safety and environmental check lists including house type risk assessments.
- Attend progress meetings with Housing Associations and other non-residential land uses and ensure appropriate information is provided to allow planning and contractual requirements to be met.
- Produce any home user guide information required by housing association.
- Good strong knowledge of the full development/ technical process. Previous experience as either a Technical Coordinator or Technical Manager within a development organization preferred
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and to programme accurately
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent communication skills and team work
- Ability to manage external consultant team and ensure all deadlines are met
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – Please ensure you inform your Line Manager before applying