Technical Project Manager
The new Technical Project Manager will ensure that all disciplines are fully joined up and in synchronisation, a fantastic opportunity to join our team.
Assisting in the preparation and submission of planning applications
- Participate in managing the preparation of information required for clearance of all planning conditions.
- Ensure thorough co-ordination between all consultants
- Attend internal and external team meetings as required
- Participate in managing budget
Secure Building Regulations/Statutory approvals
- Prepare, submit and secure Building Regulations Approvals for developments.
- Clear all Building Regulation conditions to ensure CML’s can be delivered in line with Regional targets and budget.
- Maintain a good understanding of environmental/ecological constraints to development
Prepare Working Drawings and collate all supporting information
- Arrange for the preparation of all working drawing requirements
- Undertake detailed assessment and approval of all supporting suppliers and manufacturer’s information
- Obtain all assessments and ensure compliance
- Ensure structural assessment of all house type drawings is undertaken by an approved consultant.
- Review and comment on technical content of all sales literature
Provide technical support for Production sites
- As a priority, deal with the resolution of site queries in close conjunction with Site Manager/Sales Executive
- Prepare for, attend and participate in all necessary key meetings
- Attend all site based and Head Office Development Meetings as necessary.
- Attend and participate in running design team meetings and follow up actions specified.
- Continual input into Value Improvement process.
- Input into health, safety and environmental check lists including house type risk assessments.
- Provide any necessary Input into CDM.
- Any other duties as defined and required by the Technical Director.
- Attend progress meetings with Housing Associations and other non-residential land users
- Produce any home user guide information required by housing association.
- Produce O&M information as required.
- Good strong knowledge of the full development/ technical process
- Previous experience as either a Technical Coordinator or Technical Project Manager within a development organization preferred
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and to programme accurately
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent communication skills and team work
- Ability to manage external consultant team and ensure all deadlines are met
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – Please ensure you inform your Line Manager before applying