Trainee Assistant Site Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Assistant Site Manager. As an entry level role into our production team, you will gain an understanding of the way a Taylor Wimpey Business Unit is run and an in-depth knowledge of site and production activities. Over a minimum of a 2 year period, the Trainee Assistant Site Manager will be equipped with all the skills, experience and qualifications to begin your career as an aspiring Assistant Site Manager.
The successful candidate will assist the Site Management team in carrying out duties associated with all on site activities, health and safety and building operations. The role is aimed at experienced workers looking to make their first move into a production role in house building.
This role will be a great challenge with exposure to a fast paced environment. Therefore we are looking for an individual who demonstrates commitment to customer excellence, strong communication skills as well as someone with the ability to solve problems and manage complex build processes effectively.
- Help to ensure that projects are planned and completed in a timely, safely manner.
- Maintaining daily diary to record site events and requirements.
- Learn Taylor Wimpey standards for inspections of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Comply with the site specific environmental action plan requirements.
- Gain a thorough understanding of site boundaries, access points and site office procedures
- Build relationships with other business unit teams like Sales and Commercial.
- Shadow site management team on CITB inspection visits.
- Manage and co-ordinate the safe and tidy storage of material delivered to the site.
- Shadow and report to the business unit Production Director on specific development targets and objectives
- Full driving licence or progressing towards a FULL License in the near future.
- Concerns for standards.
- Organisational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and a strong appreciation of safety on site
- Although housebuilding experience is not essential, we are looking for someone with a passion for building homes and transferable experience is desirable
- NVQ Level 4
- Taylor Wimpey Health & Safety Procedures
- First Aid Qualifications
- Environmental Awareness and Control
- Behavioural Safety
- NHBC – Trade Talks/Defect Prevention/Customer Focus
- Sponsorship for Industry recognised certifications
It will be necessary for the Trainee to hold a full driving licence or be progressing towards a FULL License in the near future.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally, we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments.
We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.