We are seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic Trainee Assistant Site Manager to assist the Assistant Site Manager with all aspects of the site operation, with the aim to equip the Trainee with an appreciation of the Company’s overall business and an in-depth knowledge of site and production activity.
This role is designed to ‘fast track’ trainees to Assistant Site manager through an intensive programme. Over a minimum of a 2 year period, you will be equipped with all the skills, experience and qualifications to begin your career as an aspiring Site Manager.
The Trainee’s progress will be monitored and reviewed on regular basis which will determine the suitability of the Trainee for further training. Working closely with senior members of the production team and mentored by the business unit Production Director, you will be given clear objectives and milestones to reach the next level of site management.
- Completion of weekly planning sheets to ensure the overall build programme is met.
- Provide direction to individual contractors and contractor’s management to ensure quality standards are met.
- Co-ordinate with the Site Manager to ensure the availability of materials to meet the construction programme.
- Maintain daily diary to record site events and requirements.
- Undertake a site safety induction for all new site personnel.
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health and Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with the Taylor Wimpey Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- Carry out frequent inspection of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure all operatives are working to the method statements and risk assessments submitted by the relevant sub-contractors or Taylor Wimpey management.
- Comply with the site specific environmental action plan requirements.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the Sales Executive regarding customer options and variations.
- Liaise with the Sales Executive, Buying Department and sub-contractors regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
- Co-ordinating with the Sales Executive the resolution of customer issues.
- Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspection to carry out stage inspections.
- Plan and arrange with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
- Accompany inspectors during the course of their visits.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager with the introduction of the customer to their new home at the familiarisation visit ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved.
- Ensure that at legal completion the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager in regular visits to customers post legal completion to ensure the customers satisfaction with their new home.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager to resolve any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
- Carry out with Assistant Site Manager, Site Manager and Customer 7 & 28 day inspections
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager in the management of the quality of work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers.
- Undertake regular inspection of each property during each stage of the build process and complete “snagging lists”.
- Ensure all contractors work to issued drawings, company specification and trade conditions/scope of works.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager applying Company operating framework franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
- Manage and co-ordinate the safe and tidy storage of material delivered to the site.
- Driving license required to travel around Business unit sites
- Previous Construction knowledge
- Enrolled on an NQV Course or attending college on Construction based course
- Good General knowledge and people skills
What we can offer you:
- Taylor Wimpey Health & Safety Procedures
- First Aid Qualifications
- Scaffold Awareness
- Mobile & Tower Crane operators
- Environmental Awareness and Control
- Behavioural Safety
- CDM/EMS Protocols
- Experience in other departments (Sales/Commercial/Technical)
- NHBC – Trade Talks/Defect Prevention/Customer Focus
Industry recognised certifications
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.
You can no longer apply for this vacancy.