Trainee Technical Coordinator
The aim will be to equip the Trainee with an appreciation of the Company’s overall Technical functions within that Business.
- Request records from statutory undertakers.
- Submission of utilities applications for new developments
- Appreciation of engineering designs
- Appreciation of design standards and house types
- Updating and monitoring development programmes.
- General day to day administration, i.e. taking calls filing, e-mails, etc.
- Apply for postal addresses.
- Maintain Database of Home Owners Health & Safety Information – Issue forms for each plot as required.
- Review and update Planning Condition monitor for each site on a monthly basis.
- Undertake monthly review of all drawing registers – cross reference against drawing folders held in the office.
- Co-ordination and chasing up of service enquiries and registration of services – Scottish Power, Mpans, Mprns, etc.
- Complete filing for each Project.
- Issue Consultant Fee requests, co-ordinate appointments and maintain a library of consultant appointments.
- Any other relevant task as required by the department management.
- Support the Technical Co-ordinator(s) & Technical Manager within the department.
- Experience in the discipline within the house building industry would be beneficial, but not essential
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements would be beneficial but not essential
- It will be necessary for the Trainee to hold a driving licence and ideally have their own transport
- IT skilled and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Computer aided design desirable
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.