Our goal is to become the employer of choice in the industry, attracting and retaining people because of our culture and the opportunities we provide for career development. House building is an exciting and rewarding sector in which to build your career.
Having the right people in place is key to our corporate strategy and commercial success. Where we can, we always look to recruit and promote from within, however, we also realise the benefits of diversifying our workforce by combining internal talent with the best skillsets and backgrounds from outside of the business.
Regardless of what level role you are applying for, or what business function you are interested in, there are certain behaviours that we look for in all our people. Below are a few examples of the competencies that are vital to success at Taylor Wimpey irrespective of your level in the business or functional area.
- A Collaborative approach to work. In a business with 24 different regional offices with separate priorities specific to the communities in which they build, it is vital that we share ideas, learn from our colleagues and communicate regularly and effectively.
- Be Open to Change in a sector that is always adapting to legislation, innovation and customer feedback.
- Always Focus on our Customer and their needs. Without them we would not be the business we are today – in fact we wouldn’t be a business at all!
A home builder who cares about its people, the communities in which we build and its standing in the industry in all aspects that matter to an exemplary home builder.*
- A Passion for People Development. Whether you’re an employee showing interest in the development of your colleagues or a line manager looking at progression and opportunities for your team members, it’s vital part of what makes our business great.
- A Solution Focused approach in a complex industry that presents plenty of challenges on a day to day basis.
These behaviours, amongst others, make up a key part of our selection process for all jobs we recruit for so if you are thinking about a career with Taylor Wimpey then we would encourage you to always think about our key competencies.
*Quote from TalkBack - The 2015 Taylor Wimpey Internal Employee Survey.