Not much further to go now. Your new home’s nearly complete and your moving in day is in sight. In this section we tell you about your familiarisation visit, when we show you around your new home, and we help you get ready for the move itself.
Around 2 weeks before legal completion, we’ll invite you to a familiarisation visit. It’s an opportunity for you to find out how everything works around your new home, and to prepare you for moving in.
The visit takes place during office hours and we’ll give you as much notice as possible so you can arrange to be there. We find that homeowners who join us for the familiarisation visit generally settle in much easier.
The visit will usually involve the Site Manager and your Sales Executive, as they’re the people responsible for the completion of your new home. It can last up to two hours. There’s quite a lot to take in, so you might want to bring your From house to home guide with you for reference.
Only purchasers of the property are allowed to attend. Please make sure that children under 16 do not accompany you onto the site.
During the Familiarisation Visit
- View your new home with us
- Check colour choices and extras are exactly as you ordered
- Learn how to use the appliances and central heating installed in your new home
- Become familiar with the security features and fittings to your new home
- Find out where the consumer unit and stopcocks are and how to operate them
- Note the positions of pipes, wiring and boundaries
- Find out what happens on moving in day
- Talk through the details of your warranty cover
- Review your new home ‘running in’ procedures
- Maintenance of your new home
- And of course, ask any questions.
Soon you will be moving into your new home.