With new homes come facilities and local improvements which could not otherwise be created or sustained. Taylor Wimpey hopes this development will become a valuable addition to the community. We believe these proposals can offer a range of benefits for both existing and new residents, including the following to be delivered with this phase of the development:
• Approximately £976,200 investment from the New Homes Bonus Scheme (NHBS) provided to Preston City Council (PCC). The aim of the NHBS is to benefit local communities by investing in the area surrounding new development.
• In addition to the provision of on site affordable housing there will also be a payment of £173,533 for the provision of / enhancement of off site provision.
• Investments in the local highway network with the replacement of the existing Whittingham Lane access and the creation of a new access road as shown on the site plans.
• Funding for lancashire County Council to procure a Green Travel Plan
• The provision of a £585,174 contribution to improving public transport and a further £93,627 contribution for the provision of school bus services.
• Creation of 45 temporary construction jobs on site per annum.
• The investment will provide a significant boost to local shops and services in and around the area and will lead to an additional £3.2m of new expenditure resulting from the occupation of the development.