Date: Friday 06 February 2015
Home really is where the heart is, which is why we are inviting homeowners to turn their home into a romantic retreat for Valentine’s Day.
Couples looking to inject some passion into their relationship by creating the perfect love nest can get inspiration from our hints and tips (below), or by visiting our Pinterest board, which features photos highlighting the seductive features of our brand new homes.
Anyone happy to share their own inspirational interior design ideas for Valentine’s Day can post photos on Twitter or Instagram using #TWLoveNest, with a Valentine’s hamper up for grabs for the best idea! Terms and conditions apply*.
Karen Bremner, Head of Marketing for Taylor Wimpey, says: “Valentine’s Day is the ideal time for couples to re-discover the spark that brought them together – and they can help things along by creating the right atmosphere at home.
“They can take inspiration from our Pinterest board, which offers a tantalising glimpse of the most romantic rooms in our stunning showhomes, as well as from the photos that our #twlovenest competition entrants post on Twitter and Instagram.
“Then it’s time to get creative to ensure that their home becomes the love nest they’ve always dreamed of!”
Here’s some helpful tips to create the perfect love nest in time for Valentine’s Day
- Turn the lights down low – dimmer switches or carefully-placed lamps are ideal for creating the right mood for love
- Turn up the heat - make sure your love nest is warm and toasty with energy-efficient insulation and heating
- Remember music is the food of love – play some tracks that remind you of special times
- A picture says a thousand words – update your photo frames with happy snaps of you together
- And while this might not sound so romantic, make sure you tidy up! Clear the sofa of the kids’ toys so you can snuggle up to watch a romantic movie and move the clutter off the dining table so you can set it for a candlelit dinner for two.
*Terms and conditions for #TWLoveNest Valentine’s photo competition:
- Open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
- Entries will not be accepted from employees of Taylor Wimpey, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All rules are accepted as final and the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The closing date for entries is 23.59 on Monday 16th February 2015. All entries must be received by the closing time and date, any entries received after this time will not be submitted.
- Winners will be notified by Monday 23rd February 2015.
- Prize as described is available on the date of publication and is non-transferable.
- Competition organisers have the right to withdraw the competition at any time.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- By submitting any entry, the entrant agrees that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in submitting an entry, each entrant grants permission for the images to feature in promotional material connected to Taylor Wimpey.
- Up to three photographs can be entered per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted.