Learn about our emerging proposals to build 102 new homes and a retail unit as part of the final phase of the Augusta Park development
Taylor Wimpey are keen to deliver a high-quality final phase of Augusta Park that includes 102 new homes, a new retail unit that will from part of small community hub, and landscaped open space for new and old residents to enjoy. The proposal includes both affordable and market homes and apartments, ranging from 1-bedroom to 5-bedrooms and proposes a mixture of brick and weatherboarding designs to reflect the existing Augusta Park development. Through the design process the sustainability of the new homes and the need to encourage sustainable movement (walking, cycling and public transport) has been an important consideration. We have therefore proposed new homes that will incorporate renewable energy technology and high-quality walking and cycle routes through the site to give residents the opportunity to make local journeys on foot or by bike.
Our proposals for Parcel L2 at Augusta Park
The submitted plans seek to create a landscape link through the heart of the site to allow connections to the school, nursery and future sports facility, whilst delivering high quality homes that will contribute to affordable housing need and provide choice for local people.
A summary is as follows;
- 102 new homes, with a mix of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and 2, 3, 4 and 5-bedroom houses. These will include both two and two and a half storey homes, with detached, semidetached and terraced designs.
- 40% affordable housing
- Large areas of landscaped public open space
- Creation of a small community hub on Dairy Road – comprising the existing nursery, indoor sports facility (separate planning application being discussed with TVBC) and the proposed retail convenience store.
- Car parking spaces for residents and visitors in line with Test Valley Borough Council’s adopted parking standards
- High quality design which reflects local character
The proposed development site covers an area of approximately 4.57 hectares (11.27 acres). To the south of the site is the YMCA nursery and Endeavour Primary School; to the east/north east is Finkley Farm Road and residential properties; to the west/south west is Dairy Road and residential properties; and, to the north is open parkland, a playground and outdoor sports court and Smannell Road.