New homes coming to Quedgeley, Gloucester
Some images are used for illustrative purposes only and include optional upgrades at additional cost. Development managed by Taylor Wimpey Bristol.
Proposed site plan for The Quarters development
Key elements of the proposed development are as follows:
- The scheme has been designed to work within the constraints and opportunities of the site to create a sustainable development
- Up to 97 new high-quality homes
- A mix of property types and sizes, including apartments and detached houses
- Provision of affordable housing (25%)
- Retain and enhance existing public rights of way.
- Car parking will be provided for residents and visitors, in line with Local Authority policy requirements and standards
- New areas of public open space, including and orchard, dedicated play space, MUGA, meadow creation, wetland and new tree planting.
- Additional secondary and tertiary roads to provide access to outer edges of development
- The provision of a sustainable drainage system (SuDS) to control the surface water and enhance biodiversity.
- Retention of existing trees and vegetation wherever possible
Improved pedestrian access to the North West via Public Right of Way FP19.
- Creation of enhanced ecological environment for existing reptiles.
- The appearance of the development will employ the use of an attractive palette of building materials common to the wider area, which will help to integrate the development within the landscape.
We aim to create opportunities for walking and cycling to destinations using new and existing foot and cycle links.