Land at Perryfields Road, Bromsgrove
Taylor Wimpey has submitted an outline planning application to Bromsgrove District Council for a mixed-use residential development on land at Perryfields Road, Bromsgrove. Following extensive dialogue and working with Bromsgrove District Council we expect the Council to consider the application at Planning Committee in early 2021.
The application sets out the indicative masterplan for the area, showing how new houses, community facilities and employment land can be integrated and delivered together on the site. Financial contributions will be made to mitigate the impacts arising from the development under several key headings including the NHS and Acute Healthcare, highways and public transport improvements, sustainable travel and schools.
Our proposals at a glance
- Up to 1,300 new two, three and four-bedroom homes
- 30% (up to 390) affordable properties
- Five hectares of employment space securing and creating local jobs
- New school and nursery onsite
- Extra care retirement facility with up to 200 beds
- Significant contributions to highways improvements in both the town centre and on the A38
- Safer and reduced journey times through improved junctions including Kidderminster Rd to Whitford Rd, and Rock Hill to Fox Lane
- Contributions to the NHS to increase Acute Care service levels to account for the additional demands the development would place
- A focus on creating a community with a sense of place, encouraging mobility and sustainable travel choices
- New recreation area with sports pitches and a pavilion for residents and the wider community to enjoy
- Local centre onsite providing services, shops and community facilities
- Significant areas of public and informal open space, including walking and cycling routes
The illustrative masterplan indicates what the layout of the development may look like. However, all details will be subject to agreement with the District Council as part of the detailed design and approval process.