Help to Buy England
learn more about

How to apply for Help to Buy with a Property Information Form

You will need to complete a Property Information Form (PIF) to apply for a Help to Buy equity loan.

Dining area

When you buy a new home with Help to Buy: Equity Loan you need to apply for the scheme via a Government registered Help to Buy Agent. They are there to guide you through the process and assess your eligibility. You will submit your application through a Property Information Form. You can learn more about the process here. 

Reserve your new home 

First of all, you need to find the home you would like to buy and reserve it through our Sales Executive.

Our team are there to help guide you through the process every step of the way, so feel free to ask your Sales Executive as many questions as you like. You may also find our handy First Time Buyer Guide useful.

Langdale Shelford and Whitford at Half Penny Meadows

Complete a Property Information Form

Once you've reserved your home with the Help to Buy Equity Loan scheme, you will need to complete a Property Information Form (PIF).
The PIF is sent to your local Help to Buy agent and gives them the information they need to assess your eligibility for the Help to Buy Equity Loan scheme.
Your Sales Executive will give you a copy of the PIF to complete and your broker can you help you to complete the form if you need them to.

Mother and children with laptop smiling on bed

The Help to Buy Agent reviews your Property Information Form

Your Help to Buy Agent will review your Property Information Form and if they assess your application as eligible, they will give you Authority to Proceed with the purchase of your new home with the Help to Buy Equity Loan scheme.

This "Authority to Proceed" is a formal stage in the process of buying a home with Help to Buy and is required before we proceed to the legal stage of buying your new home. 


Our development The Bridge