Taylor Wimpey is committed to providing homes and service to the highest standard. We work hard to resolve the issues our customers bring to our attention but we know that sometimes things can go wrong. If you have a concern or are dissatisfied in any way, we’ll do our best to resolve your issue in a fair and transparent way.
We’ll investigate all complaints competently, diligently and impartially and every complaint will be assessed fairly, consistently and promptly, taking into account all relevant factors to ensure a fair outcome.
Step 1 – Discussion with your local Customer Service team
If you’re dissatisfied with either your home or the service we’ve provided, please firstly raise this with your local Customer Service team as they’re best placed to address your concerns. If you know which Taylor Wimpey office built your home, you can contact your Customer Relationship Manager or your local Customer Service team here. If you don’t know which Taylor Wimpey office built your home, you can do a postcode search on our Get in Touch page to find the local office nearest your home.
What you will need to provide
To help us investigate and try to resolve your complaint, please provide us with the following information:
- Your name and address
- Details of how we can contact you
- A clear description of your complaint
- Details of what you would like us to do to resolve the situation
Our commitment to you
- We’ll thoroughly investigate your complaint and offer a fair response that will take into account all the information available to us
- We’ll acknowledge your complaint within 24 hours (except at the weekend) and will contact you in person to discuss the next steps we’re taking, within one week. If it isn’t possible to resolve your complaint within that first week we will:
- keep you updated on the progress of your complaint on a weekly basis, and
- let you know when we expect to be able to resolve the problem
- In some cases we may not provide the answer you’re looking for, but we’ll make sure we offer a clear explanation for our decision
Step 2 – Contacting Us
We always do our best to work with our customers in a fair and reasonable manner. However, should you remain unhappy with the response provided in Step 1, you may then direct your complaint to the Head of Customer Service at the Taylor Wimpey office with which you have been dealing with and contact details can be found here at Office Locations. The Head of Customer Service has overall responsibility for ensuring our customers receive the highest levels of care and will ensure that your dissatisfaction is handled by the most appropriate person in the regional office. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 24 hours (except at the weekend) and with the appropriate team, they’ll review how your complaint has been resolved and a response will be provided within one week.
Step 3 – What if you remain unhappy with our response?
If you’re dissatisfied with either our final response, or with any delay in providing our final response you may be able to ask the Consumer Code or your home warranty provider for an independent review. They offer a resolution service to help where the complaint is relating to the marketing and selling of homes or a failure to build your home to meet the warranty standards.