Have your say
Taylor Wimpey has been refining the masterplan for its proposed development on Land North of Rackheath following feedback from the original public consultation in 2022.
Our plans include up to 3,850 dwellings, two local centres, employment land, two primary schools, one secondary school, community space and sports provision.
Taylor Wimpey hosted a 3 week consultation to update local residents on the changes to the proposals and provide the opportunity for residents to have their say.
The consultation period has now closed and Taylor Wimpey will now review and consider all the feedback received, and incorporate this into the design proposals wherever possible.
To download a copy of the exhibition boards, click here.
About the proposal
Taylor Wimpey have worked closely with local residents, Broardland District Council, Norfolk County Council and other key stakeholders to develop the plans for an exciting new sustainable community in Rackheath. Following this in March 2022 Taylor Wimpey submitted an Outline application.
The proposals seeks approval for:
• Up to 3,850 dwellings
• Employment Land
• Community facilities
• Two primary schools
• Secondary school
• Formal and Informal Open Space
• New vehicular access and;
• Associated infrastructure
You can access the Application documents through Broardland District Councils website and searching Application Reference Number: 20220663
The consultation period has now closed and Taylor Wimpey are in the process of reviewing the comments received.
All feedback will be considered and incorporated into our design proposals wherever possible.
The exciting proposals will deliver community benefits including affordable housing, public open space and new play facilities, in addition to new connective routes and landscaping.
We’re committed to building greener, healthier homes for us all. From energy efficient fixtures and fittings, to cutting our carbon emissions, and enhancing existing green spaces, we build sustainability into everything we do.
- (2009) - First identified as an ‘Eco Town’ location
- (2011) - Joint Core Strategy for Broadland recognised the principle of a new community at North Rackheath
- (2016) - Allocated in Policy GT16 of the Old Catton,Sprowston, Rackheath & Thorpe St Andrew Growth Triangle Area Action Plan
- (2017) - Site was reflected in the 2017 Rackheath Neighbourhood Plan
- (2018) - North Rackheath Masterplan endorsed by Broadland District Council
- (Spring 2021) - Taylor Wimpey acquire North Rackheath site
- (Summer 2021) - Taylor Wimpey’s first consultation on refined masterplan
- (Spring 2022) – Outlie Application submitted
- (Autumn 2023) – Taylor Wimpey’s second consultation on development proposals