Learn about our plans for an exciting new community in Stowmarket
Our proposal for Northfield View
It is envisaged that this development will form an extension of our existing Northfield View development (which lies to the north east and is currently under construction).
In addition, we have also received full planning permission for a main spine road, emergency access, drainage and attenuation, a pumping station and other utilities.
Our proposals have evolved through extensive discussions with Mid Suffolk District Council, Suffolk County Council and other key stakeholders, and is in line with the Chilton Leys Development Brief SPD, 2013.
About the site
Our proposals have been designed to form an extension of Northfield View. To view our Illustration of the proposed site layout, please click here.
We will provide a number of financial contributions towards the local community as part of our development. These contributions have been agreed with the Mid Suffolk District Council and Suffolk County Council as part of a Section 106 Agreement and include:
- NHS Capital Contribution
- Play Provision
- Sports Pavilion Contribution
- Multi-use Games Area
- Public Transport Contribution
- Primary School Contribution
- Early Years Contribution
- Secondary Education Contribution
- Public Right of Way Contribution
- Travel Plan Contribution
- Library Contribution
- 16 December 2016 - Both planning applications were submitted to Mid Suffolk District Council
- 03 July 2017 - Mid Suffolk District Council granted Full Planning Permission for highway and utilities infrastructure, including: main spine road, emergency access, drainage and attenuation, a pumping station, electricity substations and other utilities.
- 03 July 2017 - Mid Suffolk District Council resolved to grant Outline Planning Permission for erection of 600 new dwellings together with a local centre, sports pavilion, open space and recreation facilities. (All Matters Reserved) subject to the signing of the Section 106 Agreement.
- 05 July 2018 - Mid Suffolk District Council granted Outline Planning Permission for erection of 600 new dwellings together with a local centre, sports pavilion, open space and recreation facilities. (All Matters Reserved).
- 13 July 2018 - Mid Suffolk District Council granted Reserved Matters approval for Phase 2A of this development
- 31 March 2021 - Mid Suffolk District Council granted Reserved Matters approval for Phase 2B of this development
- 22 October 2021- Our Reserved Matters application was submitted to Mid Suffolk District Council for Phase 2C of this development