Papermill Lock is situated on the edge of this large village with the Great River Ouse forming part of its boundary. Little Paxton, St Neots is a village with a population of 3,000, just north of St Neots in Cambridgeshire. The village offers a grocery store, hairdresssers & take away, as well as Doctors surgery and public house: The Anchor Inn.
The Paxton Pits Nature Reserve has been designated a site of special scientific interest, giving the area statutory protection. St Neots with the distinctive soaring tower of its landmark church and impressive market square is just a short distance away.
This thriving market town offers a market on Thursday and Saturday plus a good selection of shops. An array of social activities are available close by including a bowling alley, theatre and cinema.
Papermill Locks superb location means you are always at the heart of excellent communication links - with the A1 linking to London in the South and Peterborough in the North. While the A14 nearby offers direct access to the Midlands and East Anglia. Bedford is 12 Miles and Cambridge 18miles. Trains from St Neots go direct to London's Kings Cross in just 53 minutes.
Annual Events & attractions in Little Paxton and surrounding areas:
- Regional Real Ale Festival 'Booze on the Ouse' in March
- St Georges Day Celebrations in Eynesbury Village includes a grand parade, arena events and a novelty dog show
- May Day Celebrations - May Fair on the greenin Eaton Socon
- Folk Festival - Early June
- Summer band concerts - Brass, Jazz & other established bands perform Sunday afternoons in the Riverside Park
- Rowing Regatta - St Neots rowing clubhas produced National and International rowers - annual event in July attracts nationwide participants in the Riverside Park with live music, licensed bar, craft and charity stalls, carnival processions and fun fair prior to a fireworks finale!
-Womens Institute meets at Little Paxton School on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7.45pm
-The gardening club meets in the village hall on the first Wednesday of each month at 8pm
- Christmas lights switch on - with fun fair and entertainment in the Market Square
- Annual Charity Duck Race!
- Continental and specialist markets