Our proposed development for land off Perryfields Road, Bromsgrove
Taylor Wimpey has submitted an outline planning application to Bromsgrove District Council for a mixed-use residential development on land at Perryfields Road, Bromsgrove. Following extensive dialogue and working with Bromsgrove District Council we expect the Council to consider the application at Planning Committee in early 2021.
The application sets out the indicative masterplan for the area, showing how new houses, community facilities and employment land can be integrated and delivered together on the site. Financial contributions will be made to mitigate the impacts arising from the development under several key headings including the NHS and Acute Healthcare, highways and public transport improvements, sustainable travel and schools.
Our proposals at a glance
- Up to 1,300 new two, three and four-bedroom homes
- 30% (up to 390) affordable properties
- Five hectares of employment space securing and creating local jobs
- New school and nursery onsite
- Extra care retirement facility with up to 200 beds
- Significant contributions to highways improvements in both the town centre and on the A38
- Safer and reduced journey times through improved junctions including Kidderminster Rd to Whitford Rd, and Rock Hill to Fox Lane
- Contributions to the NHS to increase Acute Care service levels to account for the additional demands the development would place
- A focus on creating a community with a sense of place, encouraging mobility and sustainable travel choices
- New recreation area with sports pitches and a pavilion for residents and the wider community to enjoy
- Local centre onsite providing services, shops and community facilities
- Significant areas of public and informal open space, including walking and cycling routes
When complete, Perryfields will have delivered 1,300 high-quality new homes; 30 percent of which will be classed as affordable housing. These properties will enable those who aren’t in a position to buy a property, have a high-quality place to live and be a part of this thriving community.
This new community isn’t just about new homes, it is delivering a wealth of facilities for residents, making Perryfields a truly sustainable place to live.
Local centre and community facilities
At the heart of the development, there is a local centre with space for shops, services and a community centre. In addition to the local centre, five hectares of employment space within the scheme will provide space for small and medium sized local businesses to expand, as well as offering opportunity for new job creation.
Opposite the public square will be the existing Sidemoor school and a brand-new first school and nursery, both of which will serve the development and wider community. Contributions will be provided towards both lower and high school places, as agreed with the Education Authority to ensure the schools can expand to meet the additional needs.
Space to play, relax and explore
Perryfields also features several areas of landscaped public open space, including a new recreation area, which will be host to three sports pitches and a pavilion. There will also be green corridors to explore which feature pathways, trail’s, formal and informal play facilities and improved habitats for wildlife. In addition to this, we are also going to invest in off-site areas with a significant contribution towards the improvement and upkeep of King George V and Saunders Park.
In addition to this, our plans would also see us contribute approximately £1.5m to the NHS to help mitigate Acute Healthcare impacts for the number of people moving to the development.Development Timeline Development Timeline
- Spring 2023 - First homes completed
- Summer 2022 - Start on Site
- Autumn 2021 - Submit detailed proposals
- December 2020 - Bromsgrove District Council planning committee expected to consider the outline planning application
- April 2016 - Outline planning application submitted to Bromsgrove District Council
- October 2014 - Public Exhibition held.